Hunger Action Month

Monday, September 22, 2008

It's 1:45 Monday afternoon and I'm hungry.

Breakfast: I didn't get to the store over the weekend so I had to skip breakfast - saved $1.19 if you figure 3 meals a day for seven days. Now I can splurge on dinner.

Lunch: Had a business lunch meeting that I could not cancel. Made up an excuse about an upset stomach and only ordered ice tea. There were six of us at the table. The others ordered a salad, chicken sandwich, Reuben, open faced beef sandwich and and a Cuban sandwich. The sandwiches came with home made potato chips that looked and smelled really good.

Dinner: I plan to stop at Jack in the Box on the way home and order off the value menu. If I can get a hamburger and fries ( no drink) for $3.57 or less - I can stay on my daily budget. So much for splurging on dinner.

Just got a call from a friend inviting me to the Cardinal Baseball game tonight. My first thought was that I can't afford to order a hot dog. I'll let you know who wins tomorrow.

Frank F

No comments: