Hunger Action Month

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Changing my routine

After dinner last night I was not hungry, but at the same time, had the sense that something was missing. For certain, the menu was not varied (Mac and Cheese and a veggie), but the fact that my decsions around what I will be eating are driven by the cost of the food is quite evident. For example, I really wanted some fruit after dinner, but elected to save that for later in the week.

A curious thing. I have an event tonight and normally I would grab a bite to eat on the way to the meeting. I am planning to swing by home and eat dinner before I go to my event. I will be rushed, but the fact I won't eat until late if I don't do this really drives the decision. Again, the way I am buying food and the resources I have influence other parts of my daily life

It is about the choices.

No comments: